Friday, September 28, 2012

Yokoso Tokyo Tokyo!

I am a voracious eater - it may not be obvious but people sometimes think I'm a circus act when I eat. So when Karla called out for interested bloggers for a night to sample Tokyo Tokyo, the country's number one Japanese fastfood chain's signature dishes, I immediately signed up and luckily got in. It was an invitation too good to pass. Thirty yeas after they opened their first branch at Quad Park in Makati, it is now finally here in Davao!


"As we officially open the doors of Tokyo Tokyo in the heart of Davao, we hope to open a whole new dining experience for all Davaoenos. We're very happy to be opening not only the first branch to be built outside of Luzon, but also the beginning of our long-awaited expansion plans in the VisMin Region," said Tokyo Tokyo's Marketing Manager Joan Pamplona. Being a Davaoena by heart, I was proud that they decided to expand outside Luzon and Davao is first!
Ina-Tay with fellow mommy blogger Mommy Vernz
With around 25 Davao bloggers, we sampled Tokyo Tokyo's fare last Thursday night, one day before their formal opening. We were served Maki (in a tower at that) Prawn Tempura, Pork Tonkatsu, Beef Misono and Hoey Chicken and the all time favorite Red Iced Tea. We also tried their Milk Tea - simply OISHI! Oh and in our city where rice comes unlimited in most restos, Tokyo Tokyo has that too! Now I have a very high standard with rice but theirs was soft, white and fragrant. Kanin pa lang ulam na!

Maki

Beef Misono

Prawn Tempura

Honey Chicken

Pork Tonkatsu

Milk Tea
Bloggers Algene and Suzette volunteered for the Maki making demo with Sensei Eric. Read my related post on how to make your own Maki here. :) I wanted to make my own too but I guess long nails wouldn't help me do a good job that night so I opted to be among the willing eaters of their Maki instead. Good decision! BURP!

Tokyo Tokyo is located at the Third Level, SM Lanang Premier. Know more about them and like their FB page.









1 comment:

  1. hahahah... naa kay GC di ba? sige maghubog tag Pearl Milk Tea diri sunod...

    PS... samoka oi hahahah.... dili ko prepared ani.. hhahaha... Thank you Lany it was great to finally meet you... sikat jud ko sa imung blag. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete